If you are based in the European Economic Area, the Controller of your personal information is Coglide LLC with its principal place of business at 1600 Spring Hill Rd, Suite 300, Vienna, VA 22182.
Information We Collect
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our Services and allows our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize their experience on the Site. We collect the following types of information (“Personal Information”) from our users:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We collect and store the following types of information on our servers only when you optionally choose to provide it to us by filling out a form or taking some other action. You can choose not to provide us with any of the information below, but you may not be able to take advantage of certain features without creating an account or providing the appropriate information.
- Private Account Information: You can create an account on our Site (your “Account”) by providing a name, email address, phone number, and creating a password.
- Profile Information: You have the option of providing information about yourself to create a user profile that will not be publicly viewable by others. We will collect the information you share with us in creating your profile such as your, first and last name, email address, telephone number, and mailing (“Profile Information”). You should exercise care in creating your profile since we will be relying on that information to communicate with you and to provide you with important notices.
- Social Networking Sites: We may create social networking accounts on sites such as Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. If you decide to join or participate in our social efforts, any information that is disclosed should be considered public information and will be subject to the terms of those social networking sites. We have no obligation to keep private Personal Information that a user makes available to other users or the public using these sites or any other third-party sites. Users should exercise caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information in public forums.
- Information Provided in Contests, Sweepstakes, or Promotions: You may be asked to submit Personal Information when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or fill out a survey.
Information Obtained About Third Parties: If you provide us with information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use the information for the specific purpose for which it was provided. Have in mind that when you provide information for other individuals through use of our Service, you will need to obtain consent of other individuals prior to submitting personal information to us.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
In order to understand how our Sites and Services are being used and to make them better, we also automatically collect, store, and log certain types of technical information whenever you interact with our Sites. Information of this sort includes:
- Technical Information About Your Browser and Mobile Device: This information is used in the aggregate to help us optimize the Service for common browsers and devices.
- Usage Information, Such as The Pages You Request, Searches You Conduct, Emails You Open and The Features You Interact With: This information is used in the aggregate to generate statistics about how the Service is being used and is never shared in any form that would identify you personally.
- IP Address, Demographic information, Tokens, Cookies, And Device Identifiers: These are alphanumeric identifiers that help us to distinguish between unique browsers and devices in order to avoid showing you the same information twice, keep you logged into our Site and improve your experience. For example, we may receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the browser software you use, and your operating system and if applicable, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Site. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our Site may not work properly in that case.
How We Use Your Information
In addition to the specific uses discussed above, information you submit to us may be used in the following ways:
- to respond to requests that you make or to aid us in serving you better;
- to fix technical problems;
- to provide administrative services;
- to generate documents on our platform;
- to help you form your company with the relevant state office;
- to enable delivery of services by third parties you select on our Site, such as registered agent services for your company;
- to monitor traffic, the number of visitors, and the effectiveness of Services;
- to provide you with updates, offers, and announcements about products, new products, services, features, promotions, enhancements, improvements or updates;
- to market our products and/or services to you, including sending you information, newsletters, e-mail campaigns, and communications regarding new, improved or existing products, contests and/or sweepstakes;
- to provide, administer, and facilitate your use of the Site and Service;
- to resolve Site problems; handle or respond to customer support questions and issues;
- to process or fulfill your request(s) and/or order(s) for products, services, information or features;
- to enabling user-to-user communication and interaction and solicit input and feedback to improve user experience;
- to manage your Account preferences, establish your profile and Profile and Account Information;
- to monitor the technical functioning of the Site, Service, and network;
- to develop new and/or improved products, services or offerings;
- to create, review, analyze and share aggregate information;
- to identify, research, and protect against any actual, potential or threatened misuse, unauthorized use, or unwanted use of any of the Site or Service, including but not limited to researching any claims made by or about other users and/or about the Site and/or Service, and such efforts of which may include information provided from third-party sources;
- to analyze trends and user traffic;
- to resolve disputes;
- to troubleshoot errors or issues with the Site and/or Service;
- as we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or our Site and Service.
We may provide these services ourselves or share the information with partners who will provide the services for us. We may use aggregated user data to market the Service or the Site to others.
Sharing and Disclosure
We will not disclose your Personal Information to any persons or entities outside of our company, nor lease, license, rent, transfer, disclose, disseminate or otherwise grant access to such information unless: You have been given an opportunity to “opt-in” and have agreed to opt-in to such disclosure of your information;
- We must share your information in order to provide a product or service that you have ordered or requested, in which case we will require that any third person or entity, such as a registered agent, we use to fulfill your order agrees that it does not have the right to use your information other than to fulfill your order or request;
- When we believe in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- If we are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your Personal Information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction;
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so;
- We receive a request in connection with or relevant to a judicial, governmental or legal inquiry, investigation, order, or proceeding;
- We are required to respond to a subpoena, court order, or other requirement of law, which requires disclosure of your information;
- It is reasonably necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, this Policy, or any other legal agreements;
- It is required to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule/regulation), and/or security or technical issues; or
- It is required or reasonably necessary to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, employees, any minors, members of the public and/or our Sites and Services.
- We may also disclose information about you to our auditors or legal advisors in conjunction with accessing our disclosure obligations and/or rights under this Policy.
We will ensure the necessary level of protection for these disclosures to occur in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure of Aggregate Information
We may combine your Personal Information and information about your preferences and activities, with those of all or a particular group of our users to prepare collective profiles of our users and their activities for our internal use. For example, we may track the number of our users who view certain pages or use certain features or compile the total dollar amount of sales conducted through the Site in a particular geographic region or track purchasing trends. Such information, and other information we derive from individual users’ information, allows us to continue to grow and provide you with quality information through more accurate marketing and advertising of the Site. We may share aggregated information concerning our users, without attribution of Personal Information, to other companies with whom we conduct business.
Retention of your Personal Information
Our privacy practice is to only hold your accurate, complete and up-to-date Personal Information for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained. When we don’t have ongoing legitimate need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete it or anonymize it or, if it is possible (e.g. your personal information is stored for backup archives) then will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until the erasure of your Personal Information is possible.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Information that you share, and we collect and store. The technology we have employed to deliver our Services to you protects your information using both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that your data is safe, secure, and available only to registered users in your organization.
Moreover, we make sure that our employees understand the importance of measures taken to protect your Personal Information through implemented safeguards which include awareness and training on security and privacy
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed and you transmit such information at your own risk; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Protecting your Personal Information
While we are committed to taking all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information, there are steps you can take as well; such as:
- Use only secure websites when disclosing your information. Secure pages begin with “https.”
- Creating strong passwords and use them wisely (e.g. don’t use the same password for us that you use for your bank, for example.)
- Never respond to unsolicited requests for your social security number or financial information.
- Do not disclose your passwords to the Site or your Account Information to any other person.
- Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- Be careful about disclosing personal information such as your name, address, or e-mail address in discussion forums or other public areas linked from this Site. Any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
- Be aware when clicking on hypertext links and third-party advertising on the Site. Other sites accessible through our Site via links or service partnerships have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. We encourage you to review other websites’ policies before revealing any sensitive or personal information. We cannot be and are not responsible for maintaining your privacy once you leave our Site and are not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties.
Your GDPR Rights
If you come within scope for the GDPR you have some additional rights which include the right to request;
- The personal information we process about you including categories of personal information concerned and its processing purpose;
- Details to whom your information has and/or will be disclosed;
- How long we retain your personal information;
- If we did not collect information directly from you, information about the source;
- We make your data portable; and
- To delete or remove your personal information from our system unless we are obliged to keep your information for legitimate interests or legal purposes.
Accessing, Correcting and Deleting Your Information
You may request that we update any inaccuracy or incomplete information about you. Since we only retain your accurate, complete and up-to-date information, we strongly encourage you to promptly update your Personal Information if it changes. We ensure you to have the ability to access, edit, and delete the Personal Information that you have provided to us and you may change any of your Personal Information in your Account online at any time by logging in in accordance with instructions posted elsewhere on this Site. If you are concerned about the accuracy of Personal Information maintained by us or wish to review, access, amend or correct it, or would like your Account deleted or your Personal Information removed from our records or otherwise deactivated, you may contact us with your request at: email@example.com.
Opt-Out from Receiving Communication from Us
In addition to previously described rights, you can opt out of any automated notifications or communications sent by us by following the instructions included with each email or by or by contacting us with an unsubscribe request at: firstname.lastname@example.org; however, our employees, contractors or agents may still need to contact you personally, for example, if you are in violation of our Terms of Service or to reply to your request.
We comply with CAN-SPAM – that means that we have zero-tolerance spam policy, so your personal information will be used only to provide Coglide communication and service, and such communication will be sent only if you have subscribed to such communication.
California Privacy Rights (As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
California residents have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third-party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) personal information pertaining to you and your family for that company’s direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, submit a request to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” as the subject line and in the body of your message. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Our application and database servers are located with Amazon Cloud Services in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect (including cookies and other web technologies) will be processed and stored in the United States. By submitting your personal information to Coglide and using Coglide, you expressly consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States which may not offer the same level of privacy protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
Our website is using Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website that you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. You have an option to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our Site may not work properly in that case.
Third Party Links and Services
Coglide is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems therefore we strongly encourage you to contact us if you become aware of your child or any child using our service.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Policy. If you do not agree to the new Policy, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us at
1600 Spring Hill Rd, Suite 300
Vienna, VA 22182
Last updated: Jan 2, 2019